Week of August 7th!

Image result for banner design

Image result for week 2

Reminders:

• Family Journals-We started our Family Journals today! These went home today and will go home every Friday. PLEASE read your child’s entry every week and respond in PRINT. Thank you!!
  • Please check the back of your child’s folder every day for any Wow! and/or Oops! card information.
  • Open House is this Thursday, August 10th. The First Session will be from 6:30 p.m.-7:15 p.m. The Second Session is from 7:30 p.m.-8:15 p.m.
  • THANK YOU for all of you who sent in my “Wish List” items. I appreciate it!!

What We Are Learning This Week:

Math-We will be working on our Number Sense from 1-120. This will include being able to write, count, identify and create these numbers using manipulatives.

Reading– This week we will focus upon the 5 finger rule for selecting a book. Please see the Green sheet in their folders and keep for reference. We will also start learning about our very important Reading Strategies, see picture to the right, for decoding and accuracy. I will also begin conferencing with students this week.

Phonics-We will be reviewing all of the short vowel sounds this week before going into blends next week.

Writing-Students will be taking the ideas from their “All About Me Bag,” projects and will start writing autobiographical pieces about themselves.

Social Studies-We will continue talking all about Rule Following, Respect, and being good citizens and classmates this week. Having respect for our friends, teachers, and school is paramount in our classroom!

S.T.E.M.-We have S.T.E.M. every Thursday and it is one of my favorite times of the week! I love watching the children become creative problem solvers! We started STEM this week visualizing and illustrating what working as a team looks like. We will spend the rest of this month reinforcing the engineering process: Ask, Imagine, Plan, Create, and Improve through creative problem solving tasks. This will build our foundation for our content related STEM activities that will begin in September.

Image result for have a great week