Week of May7th!

Image result for field day

Reminders:

• Save the Date: Field Day: THIS Friday, May 11th from 9 a.m.-11 a.m. ! I will send an email later in the week with more details.
  • Save the date: Tritt Tiger Town Friday, May 18th, from 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. Volunteers Needed! Please email me this week if you can volunteer!!
  • Arts in Ed Day was a HUGE Success! I posted many pictures to SeeSaw. Ask your child who his/her favorite presenter was: the juggler, the magician, the ventriloquist, the story teller or the puppeteer.

What We’re Learning This Week:

Math- We will wrap up our unit on fractions. For the rest of the week we will be reviewing all that we have learned in 1st grade: addition, subtraction, multiples of 10, missing addends, greater than less than, time, fractions, as well as integrating all of these skills into word problems. Students will also take the end of the year MI (Math Inventory).

Reading-This week we will continue comparing and contrasting the information that we can learn from the text we are reading vs. the information we can learn from the illustrations. We will also take the end of the year RI (Reading Inventory).

Phonics- This week we will be working on the /u/ sound which is spelled “ould” as in could and “oo” as in book.

Writing-Believe it or not, Mother’s Day is this weekend! We will be singing and writing about your praises! Your ears will be ringing!

Science-We will continue our unit on Animals. This week we will be focusing more upon the animal classifications.i9iuji

Have a great week!

One thought on “Week of May7th!

1. Terry,
    Of course I remember you! The Math Inventory is a computer test, specific to Cobb County. I’m sorry. Lakeshore Learning has a lot of materials that you could use. Let me know if I can help you at all. Feel free to email me at melissa.fernandes@cobbk12.org.