Week of February 27th!!

Image result for dr seuss

Read Across America Week!

Reminders:
  • The Week of February 27th will be Read Across America Week and our theme is Dr. Seuss! 
  • Monday-Bring your favorite Dr. Seuss book to school and wear your favorite hat.
  • Tuesday-Wear Crazy Socks
  • Wednesday-Wear Mixed-Up Clothes
  • Thursday-PJ Day!
Weekly News:
Math: We will be learning how to add and subtract to 100 by using 10’s and 1’s. For example, 60+27=87. We will also be solving word problems using these skills.

Reading: We will continue working on our ability to compare and contrast characters and their experiences. We  use the word, “contrast” for differences and “compare” for similarities. They will be able to practice this skill in their reading logs this week, as well!

Writing: We will continue working on our opinion pieces, making sure that we include an opening sentence, supporting reasons and a closing sentence. We will be writing about pet parades, our breaks and our favorite pets this week!

Phonics: We will be working on the “Y” as a vowel sound, such the Long I sound in words like “shy” and the Long E sound in words like “penny.”

Science: We will start our unit on Muscles. Students will be learning all about our face, neck, arm, and heart muscles.

S.T.E.M.: The students loved creating and performing their shadow puppet plays. I was so impressed with their characters and story lines. I’m sure they will be telling you all about them. This week we will be doing a special Dr. Seuss themed activity which will incorporate all aspects of S.T.E.A.M.

I hope that everyone has a special break!

Melissa