January 5th & 6th!

Image result for happy new year 2017
Welcome to 2017! I know this will prove to be a fantastic year for all! I hope that you have had a wonderfully relaxing vacation with your children. I think of them often and look forward to seeing them this Thursday, January 5th! My family and I just returned from a beautiful week in the North Carolina mountains and I’m rested and ready to get back to work 🙂 !!
Reminders:
  • Report Cards come home this Friday, January 6th!
  • There will be No Homework nor Spelling Tests due to our short week!
Week At A Glance:
Math: We will be learning about Greater Than, Less Than, and Equal To. The hungry alligator will be coming out to eat up all of our greater than numbers. This will also give us a good opportunity to review our Number Sense!

Reading: We will be reviewing story elements (setting, character, problem and solution) and main idea and details. We will continue to strengthen our ability to make “Mind Movies,” as well as connections while we read. To reinforce these important reading skills, while your children are reading at home, ask them, “What are you seeing in your mind right now?” Also, “What does this remind you of?”

Writing: This week we will have a fun time writing and reminiscing about our vacations. We will also create and write about our New Year’s Resolutions!! I will be making and writing about mine with them, of course!!

Phonics: There will be NO Spelling Test this week!

Social Studies: After learning about our 7 continents and 5 oceans, students will be learning about where, exactly, they live in the great scheme of things. We will be “zooming in,” as they are so familiar with, to our continent, country, state, city, and town. We will also take this opportunity to discuss all of the places they have visited and/or have relatives living, and where these places are in relation to where we live today!

I look forward to seeing all of my amazing students Thursday!